Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day Dress

I woke up yesterday feeling bleh xp..... So i decided to sew!
The last few things I've made took me days to complete, but with this I set out to complete in the day (^thats what i mean by day dress)
Woke up around 11 and began around noon and finished by 7:30. ^.^b (and took a lunch break and discovered one of those "everything bagels"-it was everything missing from my life!...jk no, Im not thaat lame,  but it was really good :q) Anyways~
 It is a simple light summer dress, I made the patterns myself. (I make all my patterns out of my dad's old newspapers)

The fabric my uncle got me from Bangladesh a while back, I made a dress for my mom with it, I never really noticed the textile design on it, till now. I like it :)
I see on other blogs and stuff other sewers and how they photograph their work, whether they're modeling them with pretty photo shoots *u* , or have them propped up on hangers etc~ I just took these with my dinky webcam V^V... I suck at taking photos- sorry I gota learn.  What are good places and times to take pics outside? I'm very limited in this apartment I live in with 5 other people...

But anyways here the dress :D
(p.s. I dont have any formal training in sewing and garment construction so I dont know many technical terms :x )
This is top of it, I spent maybe 2 hours just staring at the fabric trying to figure out which part would be best suited for this --___--.. well i finally chose this swirl part and followed the curve for the collar line (thats right I didn't make a loopy straight collar by accident)

 And the rest of it! lots of swirls @.@

It's not puffy :/- what can I say I like to spin in big circle skirts~ But it's cool :), this i can actually wear through the streets of nyc!

I was glad that Im getting the hang of make my garments fit!
Garments should fit People.
I dont own a manikin, I just use me :)

Yes my room messy- but today is relatively clean compared to other days.
Yes thats a Hellokitty doll and the yellow thing is Pikachu's butt, which is next to my stuffed elephant's butt




I certainly wana make more like this dress, and hopefully the pics will get better too :)

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha you're so cute. Good job. I'm glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene :3! Im glad you read it hahaha! I been reading yours too! :) (I been looking for a niche in between the art world and the fashion world)

      Delete
  2. Menora
    You are really finding a way to put all your talents together
    Are you taking Kari Lorensen's soft sculpture class? It would be perfect.
    Hope you keep up all this art making activity al summer- you'll be in great shape for senior year.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't I think of that :D. As of right now, nope :(. I was so confused with the classes we have to take senior year xo. I'll see if I can, cause I am definitely gona bring it alll together! I am gona work on my art this summer for sure!

      Delete