Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Urmmi's Grad Dress:Quickpic

My current project: Make a super dress for my older sis Urmmi to wear for her graduation (She's graduating college :') she's growing up- not literally though, because I'm taller~)

My original idea was to make a sky blue dress for her, but the store I get my fabric had 1 yard of blue left, and I can't make a long flowy dress with one yard. So I got red and white instead, she's attends Stony brook and one of the school's colors is red so it's cool~
I'm in the School of Visual Arts (red's also our color)- this recent semester I was taking a digital embroidery class. After I finished my final project I embroidered this design which is the front of her dress :D!
I drew a design a while back, and with Photoshop and my trusty Wacom Tablet I rearranged it soo many times, this one variation of that design I made. There's a computer software linked to the embriodery machine, kinda like Photoshop, and you design, choose what patterns threads, everything you want the machine to do. I used a silver thread, it's all one continuous fill :).


Here's a quick pic of it. My head in the back~
(Looks like a silkscreen print)
I'm almost done, a more in depth post/look of the dress soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. http://shurmmi.blogspot.com/2013/06/urmmis-dress-complete-and-worn.html

      Lookie it's done! :D

      Delete